Mississippi Federal Credit Union’s membership is defined by a charter. The current “field of membership” is specified as the following groups:
- Employees, students of the University of Mississippi, the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and voting members of the Alumni Association
- Employees of the Mississippi Methodist Rehabilitation Center
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment
- Employees and volunteers of Friends of Children's Hospital who work in Jackson (Blair E. Batson's Hospital for Children)
- Employees of Ronald McDonald House who work in Jackson
- Employees of Sodexho Marriott Services who work in Jackson
- Employees of Sodexho Services who work at the University of Mississippi
- Employees of Aramark who work at the University of Mississippi
- Employees of Barnes and Noble Ole Miss Bookstore who work at the University
- Employees of Lafayette County
- Employees of Lafayette County Schools who work in Oxford
- Employees of Oxford School District who work in Oxford
- Employees and students of the Oxford University School
- Employees of FNC, Inc. who work in Oxford
- Employees of Winchester/Oxford Division who work in, or are paid or supervised from Oxford, MS
- Members and employees of the Mississippi Dental Association
- All immediate family members of the above are also eligible to join.
If you do not see your group, please inquire with the Credit Union.
Once you identify your group, joining is easy. When you become a member, you will have a Share Savings account held with a minimum deposit of $25.00. This deposit represents your share or shares in the credit union. Once you are a member of Mississippi Federal Credit Union, always a member of Mississippi Federal Credit Union. You will always own a share of the Credit Union as long as you are a member in good standing.
To join, just stop by one of our branches in either Jackson or Oxford. We required an application and 2 forms of identification to open your account. A member service representative will be happy to assist you with this simple process. For further information about our services or joining process, please call us at (800) 643-1567, Jackson (601) 984-1315, Oxford (662) 236-9099 or University (662) 915-7661.